Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fall Favorites

It was a tough decision, but I narrowed down my favorite collections from Fall 2010.  I tried to pick a top three, but ended up with six. 


Tommy Hilfiger was surprisingly my #1 choice.  I loved every single piece of this collection. Highlights for me were the heeled duck boots, sleeveless trenches and touches of plaid throughout.



Thigh-high boots are clearly still huge for next fall, which is tempting me to find a pair (although they look best on supermodel skinny legs).  I loooved Christian Dior's mix of leather and soft ruffled dresses.  Highlights were plaid of course, thigh-highs, jodhpurs and beautiful chiffon mini-dresses.



Speaking of chiffon - Erin Fetherston had beautiful dresses and I want to own all of them.  After seeing her collection, I went to Topshop and bought dress similar to her orange s/s wrap style dress.  The flowy fabric mixed with velvet, leather and suede made for a perfect collection.



Michael Kors' collection was full of pieces that I would love to wear day-to-day.  Highlights were the fur skirt and accents, tailored sweatpants, clean lines and neutral color palette.


The fur, sequins and beading in the J. Mendel collection made the pieces appear very rich and sophisticated.  My favorite look was the sequins and wool dress with fur accents on the shoulders.  I would love to have any of the dresses in this collection for a night out.



I watched the Gucci show online and as each look came down the runway, you could tell the pieces were impeccably made.  The collection started out with beige and caramel day looks and outerwear.  The colors darkened to reds and blacks as the show progressed, and the looks involved more sequins and fishnets - perfect for a night out.  Highlights for me were the outerwear, tailoring and accessories.


Photos: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment